If you often hear yourself saying, “I need motivation”, or “how to stay motivated even when facing delays, frustration, and disappointment?”
Here are a few tips to help:
- Think about the times you were motivated and write down what were the triggers. It doesn’t matter in what area you were motivated to act. Then, think and find ways to create the same conditions and triggers again, but concerning your current goal.
- Make a list of motivational and inspirational books that helped you in the past. Each day read at least a few pages from one of the books. If you have never read a book that motivated you, start reading one now.
- Instead of watching movies that you will forget tomorrow and leave no effect on you, seek, and watch movies that can trigger motivation in you.
- Make a list of inspiring quotes and read them often, especially in the morning before going to work, and at night, before going to sleep.
- Read success stories, about people who achieved success in the areas that you want to achieve success.
- Collect photos of things you want to do or own and look at them often to get inspired and motivated.
- Seek the company of people who have an uplifting effect on you and try to avoid the company of negative people who try to drag you down intentionally or unintentionally.
- Start with small, simple goals. Since it is easier to maintain motivation for short periods, it would be easier to keep the motivation, when the goal does not require much time to accomplish, just a few minutes, hours, or a day or two.
- Repeat positive affirmations relating to your goal.
Here is an affirmation you can repeat:
“Whenever I need motivation and encouragement, I can easily awaken them and feel their energy within me.”